The event you are viewing occurred in the past.
Event | Events
Water Street Pops! Art Outing with Grayson Cox
- The Biergarten at Andaz Wall Street, (75 Wall Street)
- Dates & Times
- Thursday, August 22, 2013, 6–8PM
LMCC Presents: An Art Outing with Grayson Cox
The Biergarten at Andaz Wall Street (75 Wall Street)
Free, no RSVP required. Cash bar.
Meet Grayson Cox, a New York City based artist working in a variety of media, from painting and printmaking, to photography and public sculpture. Mix and mingle with friends of LMCC and Water St. Pops! as you enjoy a short performance featuring Cox’s Ergonomic Lectern where keynote speaker Daniel Kublick will deliver an address on expression in productivity and communication in comfort, directed by Eric Bland. Grayson, Daniel, and Eric will be on hand throughout the evening to answer and questions.
Grayson’s recent solo exhibitions have been held at Gasser Grunert Gallery in New York, and have been reviewed in multiple publications including the Summer 2011 issue of Art in America, Artnet.com and Time Out New York. Grayson just completed LMCC’s 2012-13 Workspace studio residency program and is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. The Ergonomic Discussion Lectern, a companion piece to the Ergonomic Lectern, is also currently presented as part of the 2013 Gallery Show in Building 110: LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island.
- Read more about Grayson and his process in this interview with Berlin Art Link.
- Learn more about if color, then also dimension; if flatness, then texture, etc. the gallery exhibition in Building 110: LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island, here.
- Explore additional opportunities to visit artist studios or attend other public programs by signing up for LMCC’s monthly email newsletter or following us on Twitter.