LMCC News: Artist Residencies
The Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC) is pleased to announce Seniors Partnering with Artists Citywide (SPARC), a community arts engagement program that places artists-in-residence at senior centers across the five boroughs of New York City.
Step inside Jeremy Xido’s process during his Swing Space residency to witness and participate in the development of his new work, Part 3 of The Angola Project Trilogy, premiering at Dance New Amsterdam. Eat cake, talk about heartbreak, punch a punching bag, nap, read thoughts and words taped to walls, expect anything and expect nothing at all. For more information, click here. Reservation required. RSVP here.
We are pleased to announce LMCC’s partnership with Artspace, an online gallery of artwork from artists, cultural institutions, and non-profit organizations. Check out LMCC’s partner page, where we’re offering a select group of artworks for sale in support of LMCC’s programs. Artists include Vik Muniz, Beth Campbell, and Jonathan Allen.
This past weekend, LMCC hosted our Open House at Building 110: LMCC's Arts Center at Governors Island in honor of the final public weekend of the Island's 2012 season. 1500 visitors — a record number — visited LMCC’s visual arts studios and gallery exhibition and also enjoyed a performance by People Get Ready. We'd like to thank NY Waterway for helping make this weekend possible.
Melinda Ring and performers Antonietta Vicario, Marilyn Maywald, Molly Lieber, Maggie Jones, and Talya Epstein, will introduce Forgetful Snow, a three-part work which will premiere at The Kitchen gallery space in 2014. The artists will share choreographic research, methods, and material developed during their current Swing Space residency and a past residency at Mount Tremper Arts. Reservation required. RSVP here.
- People Get Ready Presents a Work-in-Progress
- LMCC Welcomes Kyoco Taniyama, Asian Cultural Council Fellow
- Apply for Swing Space 2013!
- Stay tuned for Swing Space Open Call announcement later this month
- Don Pasquale & His Trophy Wife
- LMCC’s Building 110 on Governors Island is featured in Downtown Express
- ArtInfo Reviews LMCC Open Studio Weekend!
- LMCC Announces the 2012 Process Space Performing Artists-in-Residence
- Art Info Names LMCC One of the Top 20 Artist Residencies in the US
- LMCC’s Open Studio VIP Preview is featured in Paper Magazine
- Announcing the 2012 Paris Residency Recipient Yoko Inoue
- LMCC Welcomes Chihoi Lee, Asian Cultural Council Fellow
- Swing Space Welcomes New Visual Artists-in-Residence
- Amanda Quaid, SPARC Artist-in-Residence, Performs in Brecht’s GALILEO
- 2012 Swing Space Recommended Performing Artists and Arts Groups
- 2012 Seniors Partnering with Artists Citywide (SPARC) Grantees Announced
- New Workspace Application Timeline and Deadline for 2012-2013 Session
- RSVP for the January Workspace Residency Information Session
- Open Call for Applications: Paris Residency for New York City-based Visual Artist
- Swing Space Welcomes New Visual Artists-in-Residence at Building 110
- Swing Space - Open Call for Applications
- Open Studio Weekend featured in New York Times’ Spare Times
- 2011 Workpace Open Studio Weekend
- Congratulations to LMCC alumni who are the new 2011 Guggenheim Fellows!
- Former Workspace artist Justine Reyes included in PDN’s “30 New and Emerging Photographers to Watch”
- Workspace artist Olek wins an Artaq Award for public sculpture
- Workspace Information Session
- LMCC Workspace artist Olek featured in New York Daily News
- LMCC Workspace writer Melissa Seley interviews Workspace artist Olek in Paper Mag
- LMCC Workspace artist Olek featured in Brooklyn Based
- Swing Space Open House
- Faye Driscoll Dance Group presents a Work-in-Progress performance
- LMCC featured in Gotham Gazette
- Faye Driscoll Dance Group Presents Open Rehearsals
- 2008-2009 Workspace resident Corinne May Botz featured in New York Times
- LMCC welcomes Kristaps Gulbis, CEC ArtsLink resident
- LMCC welcomes 2010–2011 session of Workspace artists- and writers-in-residence
- Carrie Ahern Dance and LMCC present SeNSATE at the Vaults at 14 Wall Street
- Windowfarms hosts events throughout September at 156 William Street
- Join us July 23–25 for an Open House at Governors Island
- Swing Space deadline approaching: Thursday, July 22, 5PM
- Now accepting applications for the next session of the Swing Space residency program
- Join us all summer long at Building 110: LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
- LMCC featured in MADE HERE documentary series
- Join The Work Office for their third and final Payday Party
- Updated: RSVP Closed for Workspace Open Studio Weekend 2010: April 30–May 2
- Workspace Applications Due This Thursday, March 25 by 5PM!
- Workspace Works-in-Progress this Sunday, March 7
- Swing Space Resident Group Theater Askew Presents Workshop Performance at 14 Wall Street
- Swing Space Resident SoukJin Park Hosts Open House Feb. 10–12
- Open Call for Applications: Workspace Studio Residency for Emerging Visual Arists and Writers
- Deadline Extended to Jan 25! Open Call for Applications: Space for Art in Senior Centers
- Open Call for Applications: Space for Art in Senior Centers: a Community-Based Residency
- La Superette returns to the Seaport, Dec. 4–6