Opportunities Around Town
Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop is now accepting applications for our 2012 Studio Immersion Project Fellowship.
Deadline: by 6:00 PM April 27th, 2012
Studio Immersion Project (SIP) is an intensive 3 month studio fellowship designed to immerse artists in the world of printmaking. SIP Fellows will acquire new techniques and build upon existing skills. Artists, from all media, interested in making printmaking a regular part of their creative practice are invited to apply.
SIP recipients will receive the following:
- 1 year RBPMW membership
- 3 months unlimited RBPMW studio access (6/5/12 – 9/2/12)
- Monthly stipend
- Materials stipend
- 6 session Introduction including: In depth studio orientation, introduction to basic intaglio, relief and monotype techniques
- 3 RBPMW classes picked from Summer 2012 Class Schedule.
Previous Classes: Monoprint, Beginning Stone Lithography, Beginning Etching, Collograph, Photo Lithography, Photoshop for Artists, Printing Digital Film, Printing Digital Prints, Watercolor Monotype, Decorative Paper, Artist Books, Engraving, Foil Printing, Woodcut Intensive, Stone Litho Intensive, Continuing Lithography, Continuing Etching, Chine Colle, Color Theory
- SIP Fellows group exhibition in Blackburn 20|20 during the summer of 2013
- Scheduled project consultation with RBPMW staff printers
- 3 month material & supply storage
- Access to exhibition and portfolio exchange opportunities through RBPMW membership
Applicants cannot have an affiliation with any institution as a full or part time student (at the time of application), nor have received any other fellowship from RBPMW in the past 2 years.
Eligibility is limited to artists living and working in New York State.
Artists must be able to work in the NYC studio from 6/5/12 – 9/2/12.
For details on eligibility, how to apply and recipient awards, follow this link: http://www.efanyc.org/rbpmw-sip2012/.
April 4, 2012
Page 1 of 1